The Kenosha City Clerk/Treasurer Department is the gateway to open government. Staff is often a citizen's first point of contact with City Hall, providing information on a wide variety of subjects ranging from starting a new business, to accessing open meeting or other records, to voter registration. The department is responsible for the accurate, timely collection of taxes as well as other funds due to the City along with the issuance and administration of various business, personal and pet licenses. Support and administration of meetings of the Common Council, Finance Committee, Board of Review and Canvass Board is provided. Additionally, staff ensures the proper coordination and administration of a secure and transparent election process.
City Clerk/Treasurer:
     City Clerk
Deb Salas, City Clerk/Treasurer

625 52nd Street
Room 105
Kenosha, Wisconsin 53140
(262) 653-4020
(262) 653-4023 FAX
E-mail to:

Hours: M-F: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Frequently Asked Questions:
General Frequently Asked Questions
Public Record Request Form
Special Assessment Search Request
Special Assessment Review Form
Property Taxes:
Pay Real Estate Taxes
Real Estate Tax/Special Assessment Search
Frequently Asked Property Tax Questions
How to Read Your Property Tax Bill
Due Dates and Penalties
Frequently Asked Credit Information Questions
How to change name, mailing address on your tax bill
Board of Review
Frequently Asked Questions
Licenses and Applications
Bartender (Operator) License
Cat License
Dog License
Peddler License
Taxi Driver License
Voter Information
At you can register to vote, check your voter registration status, find your polling place, see what's on your ballot, and more.
Voter Photo ID Required
The U.S. Supreme Court has affirmed the photo ID provisions of 2011 Wisconsin Act 23. A photo ID is now required to receive a ballot in all special and regular elections. Learn more about photo ID and voting here and vist the Bring It to the Ballot Website.
New Free State ID Card Policy for People without Birth Certificates
The Wisconsin Division of Motor Vehicles has a new policy to help people get a free state ID card.
Visit the Voter Information Center Answers to questions about how to register, where to vote when to vote absentee, and much more.
Where to Vote
My Vote Wisconsin
County Clerk
List of Polling Places
District & Ward Map
Individual District Maps
Voter Registration Application
How to get an Absentee ballot
    Do you know anyone who is interested in being an election inspector     (pollworker)?

    Even high school students can be pollworkers! -- 16-17 years of age, enrolled
     in grades 9-12 and have at least a grade point average of 3.0 or equivalent.

For more information contact us at, 653-4020 or visit room 105
Candidate Guidelines
Absentee Board Agenda
Canvass Board Agenda
Gateway Technical College
Internal Revenue Service
Wisconsin Department of Revenue
County of Kenosha
Wisconsin State Agencies
Kenosha Common Council